NEW! ms River Venture
- Entered Service: 2013
- Length: 360 ft.
- Passenger Capacity: 134
- Crew: 36
To be launched in 2013 — ms River Venture!
- The successor to the popular ms River Navigator
- Owner's Suite is 330 square feet with all the amenities of a Deluxe suite including a mini-bar. Beds can be convert to a queen-sized!
- 78% of staterooms have French balconies
- Single Staterooms
- Wi-fi throughout the ship
The ms River Venture: Catered Exclusively to Vantage Travelers
- Ships designed with the American traveler in mind
- Intimate cruising with no more than 136 passengers on board
- Single seating dining with a tempting menu of American and European favorites, plus wine with dinner at Captain's Welcome & Farewell Dinners
- Elevator between Explorer and Navigator decks, with a hydraulic chair lift to open-air Solaris Deck
- Non-smoking throughout interior (designated smoking area on open-air Solaris Deck)
- Best passenger-to-staff ratio you'll find anywhere! Better than 4-to-1!
New State-of-the-Art Interactive Features On Board!
- True Video on Demand…watch what you want, when you want, from our vast library of movies.
- Access to many US television channels such as MSNBC, CNN, Discovery, Weather and many more.
- View your journey, daily destination highlights, important events, flight information and many other key information from the comfort of your cabin.
- Follow your ship's journey through real time GPS tracking.
- Ship wide, wireless internet access… stay connected to loved ones through Facebook, email.
- Easily book your next Memorable Journey with full access to VantageTravel.com
Services & Amenities
- Early-riser breakfast available daily
- Free coffee, tea & hot chocolate available 24 hours a day; cookies and snacks every afternoon
- Fitness room with treadmill, stationary bicycle, free weights, plus walking/jogging track on Solaris deck
- Souvenirs and sundries available
- Reading room offering a selection of books and magazines
- Playing cards and selection of games available
- Cocktail lounge serving from noon until last guest retires
- Nightly entertainment featuring onboard pianist, with local performers coming aboard in select ports
- Twice-daily housekeeping service with evening turndown
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onboard Internet room
- Elevator between Navigator, Explorer, and Odyssey decks, plus hydraulic chairlift to the open-air Solaris deck
Your Deluxe Suite or Stateroom
Join us and unpack just once in your private stateroom. All staterooms face outside and feature a glorious view. Seventy-eight percent also have French balconies, which offer the best of all worlds: grand, panoramic views and the ability to open your room to fresh river breezes — without reducing valuable interior space, the way a traditional balcony does.
Treat Yourself ... to a Suite
Make the most of your journey by upgrading to a 250-square-foot Deluxe Suite at a surprisingly reasonable price.. Or be the one lucky traveler per departure who reserves the top-of-the-line Owner's Suite, available on each Vantage ship.
Single Cabins, Too
If you're traveling solo, you'll also have the choice of reserving a single cabin so you don't have to pay based on double room rates. (Availability is limited, so reserve promptly if interested.)
Fine Dining for American Tastes
You can look forward to gourmet cuisine that reflects genuine local fare adapted for the American palate. The chefs aboard our river ships have been trained in the European style, attending the best culinary schools and serving apprenticeships under master chefs.
The Compass Rose Dining Room
In our elegant Compass Rose dining room, enjoy one-seating dining, with no seating plan, so you can dine with whomever you choose. In this refined yet relaxed atmosphere, you'll find crisp white table linens, fine crystal, Villeroy & Boch dinnerware and silverware, fresh flowers, and attentive service.
Here, our chefs offer a daily menu of choices, including savory vegetarian and heart-healthy, lighter dishes, plus a salad bar at every lunch. We also offer generous breakfast and lunch buffets, and an afternoon snack. Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are available around the clock.
Healthy Choices at Every Meal:
With so many of your meals included, you’ll have ample opportunity to sample the best of regional cuisine – on board our ships, in our hotels, in local restaurants, even in family homes. But along with the international fare you’ll also find many American favorites and choices for the health-conscious.
View our Sample Dinner Menu
Casual Dining in the Captain's Club
For a change of pace, you'll also be able to dine in the new Captain's Club seating area, where you can enjoy casual buffet-style dining and incomparable views from the stern. Reservations required because of limited seating. (Available on the ms River Splendor, ms River Discovery II, and ms River Venture).
Full Wine & Beer Selection, plus Cocktails in the Lounge
We also stock a full wine and beer selection, so you can pair dishes with beer or wine from the region for a complete, authentic dining experience. The Latitude 52º Lounge offers a full cocktail selection during the afternoon and evening.
Health & Wellness
One of the benefits of river cruising is that you go ashore just about every day, making it easy to go ashore for a morning run or an evening stroll. The Vantage ships now carry complimentary bicycles that you can sign out in port. Aboard ship, take advantage of the Solaris Deck walking/running track, as well as the fitness room, with treadmill, stationary bike, step machine, and free weights.
Please note, smoking is not permitted indoors; there is a designated smoking area outside.
On what side of the ship should I book my cabin?
It does not matter, as there is no "better" side of the ship. On some days, port-side cabins will be docked facing the shore; on other days it will be the starboard-side cabins.