Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about Vantage Deluxe World Travel. Just click on your question below for the answer!
Vantage Deluxe World Travel has been a highly respected travel company since 1983. We provide our exclusive Memorable Journeys – including river cruises, small ship cruises, land tours, and ocean cruises – to destinations around the world. Time and again, we bring curious travelers closer to local culture, and provide deluxe accommodations along the way. All at a value that cannot be matched in the industry.
Vantage offers deluxe travel to tens of thousands of mature travelers each year. Because Vantage clients are generally seasoned travelers, special care is taken in creating first-rate, enriching programs with excellent accommodations, meals, and sightseeing at the best possible prices.
On a Vantage Memorable Journey, all details are taken care of – from airline tickets to hotel reservations, transfers and baggage handling. Each Vantage tour is enhanced with "people-to-people" encounters that we call Cultural Connections, exclusive cultural and educational extras that help you experience your destination up close.
Vantage offers more than 100 fully escorted Memorable Journeys - including river cruises, small ship cruises, land tours, and ocean cruises. We also offer a wide range of small group tours for just 18-24 travelers.
Our range of destinations is broad – extending from the U.S. and Canada to Europe, Africa, South and Central America, the Far East, Australia and New Zealand, and Antarctica. In short, the Vantage "reach" is all around the world. We even offer an Around-the-World journey that literally circumnavigates the globe.
About Our Journeys:
- Round-trip international air transportation (not included on all cruise programs)
- Our exclusive FlightChoice program, which lets you customize your air itinerary
- The lowest single supplements in the industry – including select departures with FREE single supplements
- Exceptional, centrally located hotels
- Round-trip transfers to and from hotels when you purchase Vantage’s air package
- Baggage handling
- Services of an experienced Program Manager
- Most included meals (many with local flavor!) – including full breakfasts daily
- Comprehensive, in-depth sightseeing tours led by local experts
- Exciting "Cultural Connections" – lectures, visits with the locals, and interactive activities to enrich your experience
- Pre-trip electronic mailings to keep you informed before you depart on your tour
- Exclusive SmartPay Discount Plan offering significant savings
- Option to purchase additional low-cost 100% Travel Protection
If you’d like to request specific air arrangements, you’ll love our FlightChoice program. For a moderate fee a Vantage flights specialist will research an itinerary that suits your travel preferences, advise you of your choices and the added cost, and confirm your selected flights. Depending upon your trip and departure city, FlightChoice options may include:
- Early arrival at your destination
- Later return home from your destination
- Specific routing for your flights
- Your preferred air carrier
- A stopover at a city or destination en route
For ease of transfer, Vantage suggests you limit your luggage to one large suitcase and one small carry-on bag per person. The large piece of luggage may be checked on your flight and stored in a motorcoach luggage compartment, while the carry-on bag should be small enough to fit into the overhead rack on flights and in motorcoaches. Please verify size and weight restrictions with your airline according to your destination. Airlines may impose an additional fee if your luggage exceeds specified limits.
Maximum size for a carry-on bag is 45" in total dimension (length + width + height). Remember, soft-sided luggage made of a durable nylon is lighter and tends to expand to hold more contents.
Valuables, breakable items, and hand luggage should be carried personally. If you are carrying documents, camera equipment, or any type of medication, please store it in your carry-on luggage so it will always be accessible.
If you plan to purchase goods such as furniture, rugs, etc. during your trip, shipping arrangements must be made at the time of purchase.
About Our Services:
Please be aware that frequent flyer mileage accrual is at the sole discretion of the airlines. In order to qualify for consideration, present your frequent flyer number upon check-in at the airport. Each individual airline – not Vantage – determines if frequent flyer miles will be given. Please retain your boarding passes until you receive your frequent flyer statement from the airline. Only boarding passes serve as proof of flight. Boarding passes MUST accompany all ticket information sent directly to the airline. Requests received by Vantage for copies of airline tickets will be assessed an administrative fee.
Please note: Vantage cannot obtain copies of your boarding passes.
Should you decide to use frequent flier miles to purchase a separate ticket to connect with your tour, you do so at your own risk. If the tour changes or cannot operate for any reason, you will be responsible for the cancellation or change fees associated with your ticket. Additionally, you will not be entitled to Travel Protection or Common Carrier insurance through Vantage for the portions of your trip flown on a separate ticket. Further, you will be responsible for the airport/hotel transfers normally provided by a Vantage air and tour package. For more details, read our Tour Participation Agreement.
Although we can't promise a match, Vantage will make every effort to pair you with a compatible person of the same gender and smoking preference – so you won’t have to pay a single supplement. Vantage offers two ways to connect you with other single travelers:
- On most escorted land tours and many small ship cruises, you can request to be matched with a roommate and you’ll pay just 50% of your trip’s Single Supplement. If we find you a roommate, we will refund you the 50%. If we are unable to find you a roommate, you’ll have your own room anyway and pay just half the Single Supplement for your trip.
- On select departures of most European river cruises and escorted land tours, you’ll find designated Guaranteed Share Dates. Reserve one of these dates and you’ll avoid the Single Supplement entirely, whether we match you with a roommate or not.